1. We call on the organisers of the Great Exhibition of the North 2018 to immediately end its partnership with BAE Systems.
2. We ask participating arts, cultural and heritage organisations and venues to refuse to host BAE-partnered events and to refuse to display the company’s logo, branding and any other related materials.
3. We encourage participating artists to reject any association of their work with BAE, and to express that loudly, clearly and creatively in whatever ways are most appropriate to their situations and practices; and to support the #dropBAE campaign.
4. We call for audience members, volunteers, participants, businesses and other sponsors to boycott the exhibition and any events related to it.
5. We demand the government and Arts Council England give a full and open public disclosure of the process behind the selection of BAE Systems as a premier partner.
6. We call for the end of unethical arts sponsorships and partnerships.
7. We demand that the UK government ceases sales of weapons and mass-surveillance; that it commits to ending its role in the international arms trade and encourages other countries to do the same.
If you agree with our calls, please sign up to support us using the button below.
Follow us on Twitter